Saturday, June 16, 2018

Journey to Remember - Our 1st Adventure


Theme - Journey to Remember - Our 1st Adventure

Hi Crafters,

I, Varsha Gupta, here is about to share the story of me and my husband's first travelling experience together. We had been newlyweds and were out for our honey moon. Sharing our experience through a piece of my art.

My canvas is inspired by all the travel elements- summer colors, full of blooms- flowers, texture, map, air balloon, butterfly, birds  etc. which i experienced in my first trip. 

Sharing with you the steps of how we have come to this masterpiece. 


Step1: I took a canvas of 12x10 and coated it with white Primer (Mont Marte Gesso Universal Primer). I carved out a random piece of Map pattern paper (from Travelling Carstock from local stores) and pasted it over the canvas. The above step can be shown in below pictures for your convenience.


Base
Step 2: I layered a texture with Mixed Media Fiber Paste and outlined the border of Map and textured area with chalk paints. The above step can be seen in the below picture.


Texture and coloring
Step 3: After outlining I stamped (heart with flower from craft junction) the canvas as shown in the picture below. After that I designed the texture with the help of stone stencil (icraft stencils bought from craft junction)  and white heavy gesso (Art Basics White Heavy Gesso). Please refer the picture below for more clarity.

heavy texture
Step 4: Next we will place all the elements like clock chipboard (Craft Junction) I used matt chalk acrylic paint- Orange splash to color all chipboards , Foam flowers (Creative Crafts), photograph, Cardstock stickers, Sentiment chipboards and mixed media flowers(Itsy Bitsy), Air Balloon and Leaf Stamp (Craft Junction) and colored the stamps with Zen Clean Water Color Pens(Amazon), cotton cloth and crystal drops (Itsy Bitsy) as shown in below picture.




placing elements


placing elements
Step 5: Finally finished the project with spray paint(Golden Brown Lindy's Spray) and designed the water drops with the help of Glue Gun and splatter black color (Fevicryl) and orange splash chalk acrylic paint and shaded the finally designed project with tint metallic golden color.


crystal drops



Here is the final picture of finished project. Hope you all enjoyed making the same.


Final project


Happy Crafting!

I am adding my wall hanging to the following challenges:

1. More than words


2. 

3. 
Mix media & art June challenge - "Emotional outburst"

11 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous creation! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at MTW challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks for your kind and inspirational words. I am always looking for these kind of challenges which can improve my skill as a Crafter.

      Thanks Again

      Delete
  3. Fabulous take on our challenge this month at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind and inspirational words. I am always looking for these kind of challenges which can improve my skill as a Crafter.

      Thanks Again

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty composition
    Thankyou so much for joining us at Art Playground June Play!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind and inspirational words. I am always looking for these kind of challenges which can improve my skill as a Crafter.

      Thanks Again

      Delete
  5. So many lovely details.
    Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media & Art!
    Hug Katja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind and inspirational words

    ReplyDelete

Altered Art Mixed media Dairy- New year 2020

Hello everyone!!! Varsha here, You all know New year is round a corner. You all wants to keep your new memories in New year. You all have...